Monday, November 3, 2008

An Ideal Walking Tour of the Mission on SF Girl By Bay

Stem - a boutique on 18th in the Mission
I go to San Francisco as often as possible, and I already can't wait for my next trip so I can take the walking tour described on SF Girl By Bay by Lisa Congdon, an illustrator and Bay Area resident who co-owns a shop in the neighborhood called Rare Device. Lisa filled in for Victoria recently while she was on vacation in Thailand, and in two deliciously detailed posts, takes readers on a walking tour of her Mission neighborhhood - including everything from swanky boutiques to thrift and vintage stores. I'm particularly intrigued by The Bell Jar, CandyStore, The Apartment, and the various thrift shops she mentions. Of course it doesn't hurt that these places are all just around the corner from my favorite street in San Francisco. I'm sure I'll have to add a stop at Mission Pie, Bi Rite Creamery or Tartine for some sugar and caffeine to fuel the adventure!

Part One of the Mission Walking Tour

Part Two

The photo above of Stem - a boutique on 18th near Bi-Rite and Delfina carrying gorgeous flowers, baby items, cards and jewelry - was taken on a previous visit.

No comments: