Friday, October 24, 2008

Letterpress Love

yellow black letterpress print.

Browsing Etsy the other day, I came across a couple of terrific letterpress artisans to add to my list - Ink+Wit and Papered Together.

I've always liked the idea of sending New Year's cards like this one, or Valentine's Day cards (like Julia Child and her husband did) because it would come as a nice surprise. If you're looking for something more traditional though, I think these are adorable.

I also adore the letterpress print pictured above. It's available on Etsy here. (Hurry - there's only one left!)

While we're on the subject of Etsy - I heard (and read) about this handmade market in NYC that sounds very much like a real live version, filled with original clothing, household items, jewelry, etcetera. I didn't make it there myself on this visit, but if you're in the New York area, or ever decide to visit, I'm sure it would be worth checking out!

The Market NYC
Every Saturday and Sunday at 268 Mulberry Street, 11 AM to 7 PM
and 490 Hudson Street from 12 PM to 7 PM
Free Admission

No comments: